How do I register for SciFinder Web?
Individual Registration is required for the web version of SciFinder. SciFinder’s web-based user registration form allows you to create your own SciFinder username and password. After the form is complete, CAS sends an e-mail with instructions for completing the registration process. The registration process requires your university uthsc.edu, mc.utmck.edu, or utmck.edu e-mail account.
- Open SciFinder web access registration form
- Click next
- Enter your contact information (only your uthsc.edu, mc.utmck.edu or utmck.edu e-mail address is required)
- Specify username and password. Username: 5-15 characters (May contain only a combination of: letters, numbers, these special characters: – . _ @). Password: 7-15 characters (Must include at least 3 of the following: letters, mixed upper and lowercase letters, numbers, non-alpha characters (, @ # % *))
- Select a security question from the drop-down list and provide the answer
- Click register
- You will receive an e-mail from CAS to complete the registration.
Already registered for SciFinder? Login here.
NOTE: As of June 24, 2012 an unlimited number of UTHSC simultaneous users can access SciFinder. Inactive sessions will still timeout after 20 minutes of inactivity.
Note: All SciFinder seats moved to the Web version effective October 1, 2010. The desktop version of SciFinder Scholar is no longer supported. If you had the desktop/client version of SciFinder installed, please uninstall and remove from your computer.