iPads and Sufaces
Beginning in January 2015 we have ten iPad Mini 3s available for checkout.
In July 2015, two Microsoft Surfaces were added.
iPads are being provided to facilitate use of library resources and help faculty, staff, and students become familiar with mobile, tablet technology that can be particularly useful in clinical settings.
For a complete list of installed apps, see this page.
For availability, check here.
Some library apps require specific authentication or setup.
Checkout overview and guidelines:
- Available to all current UTHSC faculty, staff, and students
- 28-day checkout
- Renewal allowed for same device, if at least one similar device is available for check-out (iPad or Surface must be brought to library for renewal).
- $10.00/day overdue fine for iPad
- $1.00/day overdue fine for charger
- $1.00/day overdue fine for the USB cable
- iPad borrower agreement must be signed at checkout
- Surface borrower agreement must be signed at checkout
- Purchase and install additional apps using your own Apple ID
- All apps, documents, and search history will be wiped upon return using Apple’s Configurator software
- iPads are considered “supervised” by Configurator and will prevent iTunes syncing if connected to a desktop or laptop computer. To transfer pictures and videos from camera roll, use Google Drive or Dropbox apps.