As of January 22, 2013, the Health Sciences Library has a total of ten iPads for checkout:
- Five are “3rd generation iPad (Retina display with 30-pin connector released March 2012, currently discontinued)“
- Five are 4th generation (Retina display with lightning connection released in November 2012). These latest iPads are funded by a NNLM grant for a project called iReachOUT.
All 10 are 16 GB, WiFi only.
iPads are being provided to facilitate use of library resources and help faculty, staff, and students become familiar with mobile, tablet technology that can be particularly useful in clinical settings.
For a complete list of installed apps, see this page.
For iPad availability, check here.
Some library apps require specific authentication or setup.
Checkout overview and guidelines:
- Available to all current UTHSC faculty, staff, and students
- 2-week checkout with no renewal
- $25/day overdue fine for iPad
- $10/day overdue fine for charger
- iPad borrower agreement must be signed at checkout
- Brief surveys are requested at checkout and return
- Purchase and install additional apps using your own Apple ID
- All apps, documents, and search history will be wiped upon return using Apple’s Configurator software
- iPads are considered “supervised” by Configurator and will prevent iTunes syncing if connected to a desktop or laptop computer. To transfer pictures and videos from camera roll, use Google Drive or Dropbox apps.