As of Dec. 2014, the Health Sciences Library is discontinuing five 3rd generation iPads.
Beginning in January 2015 we have ten iPad Mini 3s available for checkout.
iPads are being provided to facilitate use of library resources and help faculty, staff, and students become familiar with mobile, tablet technology that can be particularly useful in clinical settings.
For a complete list of installed apps, see this page.
For iPad availability, check here.
Some library apps require specific authentication or setup.
Checkout overview and guidelines:
- Available to all current UTHSC faculty, staff, and students
- 2-week checkout with no renewal
- $10.00/day overdue fine for iPad
- $1.00/day overdue fine for charger
- $1.00/day overdue fine for the USB cable
- iPad borrower agreement must be signed at checkout
- Purchase and install additional apps using your own Apple ID
- All apps, documents, and search history will be wiped upon return using Apple’s Configurator software
- iPads are considered “supervised” by Configurator and will prevent iTunes syncing if connected to a desktop or laptop computer. To transfer pictures and videos from camera roll, use Google Drive or Dropbox apps.