Teaching Rounds : A Visual Aid to Teaching Internal Medicine Pearls on the Wards is now available through the library’s subscription to AccessMedicine.
The latest edition of Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment is now available through the library’s subscription to AccessMedicine.
Positions were filled!
Are you eligible for Federal student work study?
WORK IN THE LIBRARY!
Student Circulation Assistants Wanted (FLEXIBLE HOURS)
There is often time to STUDY WHILE YOU WORK!
Off-campus access to library resources was interrupted at approximately 7pm, Wednesday, June 1, 2016.
ITS was contacted and a server room issue was cause affecting other resources including library.
Normal access was restored approximately 10:30am (Thursday, June 2, 2016).
Two library database changes will take effect July 1, 2016:
- UTHSC access to Joanna Briggs Institute EBP will end. Low use and budget availability guided this decision. Access to JBI continues through June 30th.
- The Cochrane Library will be provided through Wiley. The Wiley Online Library platform links directly to full-text Cochrane Systematic Reviews from PubMed, provides unlimited simultaneous user access and cost savings for the library. Try out the new Wiley platform here. Access through the Ovid platform will continue through June 30th
The Cochrane Library includes:
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews
- Cochrane Methodology Register (CMR)
- Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL)
- Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects (DARE)
- Health Technology Assessment Database (HTA)
- NHS Economic Evaluation Database (EED)
- ACP Journal Club is available through Annals of Internal Medicine
The Health Sciences Library will close for Spring Holiday on Thursday, March 24 at 5:00 pm and reopen on Monday, March 28 at 8:00 am.
During this closure, students will have 24/7 study access to the library with a valid UTHSC ID card.
The library in Memphis (877 Madison) will close Thursday night, March 24, 2016 at 5pm.
We will be closed for the Spring Holiday Friday, March 25 through Sunday, March 27, 2016.
E-journals and databases will be available remotely for the duration.
- New Interim Director
- Mobile Resources Research Guide
- Research & Learning Connection
- Spring 2016 Library Workshops
- Welcome New Faculty
- Got History?
- Staff Focus
- Break Time!
Update: AccessMedicine is available again as of 10:30am.
AccessMedicine is unavailable as of Monday, Feb. 29, 2016, 9:30am.
We have contacted the vendor and are waiting a response.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
10:15am UPDATE: Ezproxy server is now up again. ITS has resolved the issue.
9am: The library ezproxy server is unexpectedly down this morning, Friday, February 26, 2016.
This means off-campus is unavailable.
For on-campus, you can copy databases links and paste in your browser address bar, but then remove the ezproxy prefix “http://ezproxy.uthsc.edu/login?url=”. Then try to load the page.
E-journal cannot be similarly modified. ITS Computing Services is working to restore the server as soon as possible.