Getting Help When Using the Library!
From 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, reference librarians and staff at the Information Desk help you locate information and use the library’s print, audiovisual, and electronic resources.
Stop by the library, send us an email or instant message, or call us at 901-448-5404 or (toll-free) 877-747-0004.
Professional Help for Your Research
- Ask a Librarian – Have a question? Use this form to send your question to the reference desk.
- Alumni Resources – Library resources and useful links for UTHSC Alumni.
- Citation Help
- Copyright Guidance – Select resources, sites and tutorials pertaining to U.S. copyright law.
- Current Awareness Services – Receive personalized, automatic email alerts or using RSS feeds with up-to-date information on whatever topics you choose.
- Expert Literature Search Requests
- Funding Resources – Selected and public available funding resources.
- IM a Librarian – Live chat with a librarian to get quick answers to your questions.
- Information Consultation – Free consultation services to assist UTHSC faculty, staff, and students with questions related to information management and retrieval.
- Instructions to Set up Alerts – Step-by-step instructions on how to set up automatic email alerts or using RSS feeds with several resources
- Library Liaisons – Find someone familiar with your area who can help you with your education, research, and services needs.
- Lynda.com at UTHSC – A comprehensive online training videos covering the subject areas from business to web design. You can view some free videos and request an account to have full access to the site.
- NIH Public Access Information – Learn more on how to comply with National Institutes of Health Public Access Policy.
- Plagiarism software: SafeAssign – UTHSC has SafeAssign built into the Blackboard application. This is similar to TurnItIn. It compares students’ papers to a local and national database of other student submissions and returns a score and highlighted portions of the paper that allow faculty to decided whether or not to conduct a plagiarism investigation.
- Reference Services Wiki – Login is required to view and edit the site.
- Subject Guides – Guides to help you locate information on specific disciplines.
- UTHSC Publications – A collection of article citations published by members of the UTHSC community, as indexed by PubMed.