- Plagiarism Workshop: How to Avoid, not How to Do!. This overview of plagiarism was organized and narrated by Dr. Mona Wicks based on the work of Dr. David L. Armbruster, Emeritus Professor of UTHSC.
- Avoiding plagiarism, self-plagiarism, and other questionable writing practices: A guide to ethical writing.This site contains a number of resources on ethical writing including plagiarism, self-plagiarism, and lesser crimes.
- Plagiarism.org is designed to provide the latest information on online plagiarism and explain what is plagiarism,types of plagiarism,how to prevent plagiarism, and how Turnitin and iThenticate are now being used by educators and content creators to fight plagiarism.
- SafeAssign at UTHSC was built into UTHSC Blackboard application. This is similar to TurnItIn. It compares students’ papers to a local and national database of other student submissions and returns a score and highlighted portions of the paper that allow faculty to decided whether or not to conduct a plagiarism investigation.
- Turnitin is a company that offers a range of products and services to combat online plagiarism. They plan to integrate their services with Blackboard Developer network.
- Avoiding Plagiarism developed by the Purdue University Online Writing Lab offering a graph on the contradictions of American academic writing, guidelines on what constitutes plagiaristic writing and how to avoid it.
- The Plagiarism Court: You Be the Judge, from Fairfield University, offers a tutorial on the background and nature of plagiarism.
Last modified: August 28, 2014