Influenza (Flu) Resources
Flu.gov – Comprehensive government-wide information on pandemic influenza and avian influenza for the general public, health and emergency preparedness professionals, policy makers, government and business leaders, school systems, and local communities.
CDC Swine Flu – recent information and updates on Swine Influenza A (H1N1) infections.
- Transcript of the April 26 CDC briefing on public health Investigation of human cases of swine Influenza.
- Transcript of the April 24 press briefing about the Swine Flu situation.
- Antiviral drugs and swine influenza – interim guidance.
- Latest CDC Health Advisory (PDF).
- Swine Flu guidance documents for clinicians and public health professionals.
- Swine Flu FAQ.
The National Library of Medicine (NLM) – a page with international resources, gene sequence info, searches, and veterinary resources.
- 2009 H1N1 (Swine) Flu – comprehensive resource for health professionals on Federal Response, International Resources, Genetic Sequence Information, PubMed Searches, Veterinary Resources and Información en Español.
- Citations about swine flu recently added to PubMed.
- Newest swine influenza A (H1N1) sequences – Influenza Virus Resource: Information, Search and Analysis
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services – Public health emergency declaration in response to recent human infections with a newly discovered Swine Influenza A (swine flu) virus.
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) – information on Swine Influenza
Information updates from World Health Organization.
NYC Health Department – Including a chart: steps required to confirm suspected cases of Swine Flu.
MedlinePlus – Swine Flu information for consumers.
EBSCO Influenza Evidence-Based Information Portal – This site includes more than 50 evidence-based topics in 17 languages for clinicians, for nurses, and for patients. The EBSCO Publishing Medical and Nursing editors of DynaMed, Nursing Reference Center, and Patient Education Reference Center monitor the research and update the information.
H1N1 Flu Resource Center from Lancet – The Lancet has partnered with over 40 Elsevier-published journals and 11 learned societies to launch this new H1N1 Flu Resource Centre for healthcare professionals.
H1N1 Influenza Center from NEJM – Original research reports, news, and commentary about the current outbreak and view an interactive map of cases worldwide.
Ways to stay up-to-date: