Borrowing and Requests
In order to borrow library materials all users must be registered with the library. As of Nov. 24, 2010, data for all current UTHSC faculty, staff, students and residents is loaded into the library database monthly.
As of May 2014, access to e-journals and databases is checked directly against the campus directory upon each login. If you have graduated, retired or left UTHSC employment you are no longer eligible for off-campus e-journal and database access. Sponsored netids are also not eligible for off-campus access.
- Books: 4 weeks, 2 renewals allowed
- Journals, Bound volumes: 1 week, 2 renewals allowed
- Journals, Unbound issues: 1 day, no renewals
- Audiovisual Materials: 1 week, 2 renewals allowed
- Reserve Materials, Instructor study guides: In-library use only
- Reserve Materials, Books: 24 hours, no renewals
- A fine of 50 cents a day is charged for each book or bound journal not returned on the date due; $1 per day is charged for unbound journals. There is a maximum of $10 per item.
- Reserve books carry a fine of 50 cents per hour.
- The fine for study carrel keys is $5 per day.
Damage to books and journals beyond reasonable wear and all losses should be reported to the library by the borrower. Arrangements will then be made for the borrower to pay for repair or replacement of the material.
When fines have accumulated to $10, borrowing privileges are suspended until fines are paid.