iPads and Sufaces
The library currently has 10 iPad Mini 3s and 2 Microsoft Surface 3s available for checkout.
For a complete list of installed apps in iPads, see this page.
For availability, check here.
Checkout overview and guidelines:
- Available to all current UTHSC faculty, staff, and students
- 28-day checkout
- Renewal allowed for same device, if at least one similar device is available for check-out (iPad or Surface must be brought to library for renewal). If another iPad/surface is not available at the time of renewal, you must wait until the next business day to be eligible to check one out.
- $10.00/day overdue fine for iPad
- $1.00/day overdue fine for charger
- $1.00/day overdue fine for the USB cable
- The iPad borrower agreement form must be signed at checkout
- The Surface borrower agreement form must be signed at checkout
- Purchase and install additional apps using your own Apple ID
- All apps, documents, and search history will be wiped upon return using Apple’s Configurator software
- iPads are considered “supervised” by Configurator and will prevent iTunes syncing if connected to a desktop or laptop computer. To transfer pictures and videos from camera roll, use Google Drive or Dropbox apps.