The library will scan journal articles and book chapters owned by the Health Sciences Library. Books, journal articles, and audiovisual materials not located in the Health Sciences Library can be ordered through the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Service.
A journal article or book chapter request form must be filled out for each request. Lists from literature searches or bibliographies cannot be accepted. The forms are available through the ILLiad system. Only current UTHSC faculty, staff and students are able to use the forms.
Scanning Service Turnaround Time and Limits
- Every attempt will be made for material requested by 5 pm to be available by 5 pm the next regular work day (regular work hours are 8 am-5 pm, Monday through Friday).
- Multiple requests from one person are filled as quickly as possible but may be limited to five requests per day during busy times.
- Articles over 50 pages are beyond our capacity normally, however if you want a portion of the article or chapter, please specify exactly what pages you need. Also, we have a self-service scanner if you are in the Memphis area.
Scanning Service Charges
- UT employees and students: Free (including Rush Service) (effective Feb. 1, 2016)
- Non-UT patrons: $10 per request, add $10 for Rush Service.
Method of Payment for Scanning Services
- The cost of scanned articles must be paid in exact cash or check.
Delivery Method for Scanning Services
Scanned PDFs will be delivered through the online ILLiad system.
Material Not Owned by UT Health Science Center
If the requested material is not owned by the Health Sciences Library, it is automatically ordered through interlibrary loan.