- Catalog The online catalog contains books, journals and other materials purchased for use at the university. catalog.gif
- Databases A complete list of full-text and abstract-only databases available to faculty, staff, and students. databases.gif
- Discovery Search Search most library resources, including library catalog, MEDLINE, publisher and open access content with one search. eds.gif
- E-Books A guide to available e-books. ebooks.gif
- E-Journal List A list of e-journals, print journals, and e-books available to faculty, staff, and students. ejournals_ebsco_atoz.gif
- Journal Search Search the online catalog for electronic and print journals. PUBMED journal abbreviations are also searchable. journal_basic.gif
- Research Guides Find specialty resources with help from your UTHSC Librarians. libguides.gif
- Access Medicine Over 80 e-book titles are available, including Harrison's Online and Hurst's The Heart. accessmedicine_2014.gif
- CINAHL Nursing and allied health literature database. cinahl_orange.gif
- ClinicalKey ClinicalKey includes the MDConsult database but also adds hundreds of additional eBooks, eJournals, guidelines, videos, images, First Consult, Procedure Consult, and more into one platform. clinicalkey.gif
- EBM & Cochrane Search across multiple evidence-based medicine databases: ACP Journal Club, Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials, Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, and Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects. ebmreviews_blue.gif
- EMBASE The most comprehensive biomedical database on drug research, pharmacy, pharmacology, pharmacoeconomics, and toxicology. embase_blue.gif
- JAMA The most widely circulated medical journal in the world. jama.gif
- JCR Journal Citation Reports is a comprehensive and unique resource that allows you to evaluate and compare journals (e.g., most frequently cited journals and highest impact journals in a field) using citation data drawn from over 8,000 scholarly and technical journals. jcr.gif
Joanna Briggs EBP
Wide range of summarized and appraised evidence. Includes over 3,000 records across 7 publication types: Evidence Based Recommended Practices, Evidence Summaries, Best Practice Information Sheets, Systematic Reviews, Consumer Information Sheets, Systematic Review Protocols, Technical Reports
Subject area nodes are also available: Aged Care, Burns Care, Cancer Care, Chronic Disease, Diagnostic Imaging, Emergency & Trauma, General Medicine, Health Management & Assessment, Infection Control, Mental Health, Midwifery Care, Rehabilitation, Surgical Services, Wound Healing & Management joannabriggs.gif
- Lexicomp Online Drug information database. lexicomp.gif
- MEDLINE@Ovid Ovid's version of MEDLINE (PubMed) provides a guided "map to subject heading" option for searchers wanting a great deal of control over search terms. medlineatovid_blue.gif
- Micromedex Database containing drug information, complementary & alternative medicine, evidence-based disease information, toxicology information, patient education materials, and integrated decision support micromedex2.gif
- NEJM Clinically relevant medical information, including all the content from the New England Journal of Medicine. nejm_new.gif
- PsycINFO The world's most comprehensive source for bibliographic coverage of psychology and behavioral sciences literature. psychinfo_blue.gif
- PubMed PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine, includes over 23 million citations for biomedical articles back to 1946. pubmed.gif
- Scopus An abstract and citation database. scopus_new.gif
- Stat!Ref Nursing Full text reference titles related to the area of nursing. statref_nursing.gif
- UpToDate An evidence-based resource for clinicians and patients with the most current information on more than 15 specialties. uptodate.gif
- Visible Body Human anatomy atlas with special 3-D dives into Heart & Circulatory System, Muscles and Skeleton. visible-body.gif
- Web of Science Find Times Cited with Web of Science citation database ; Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, as well as international proceedings. webofscience_2014.gif
Micromedex is updating its interface.
It is rebranded as Micromedex Solutions and dropped the 2.0 label.
- New layout
- Predictive, intelligent and suggestive search
To get a preview, see this 8 minute recorded webinar. The vendor does require a brief registration form to view.
Posted on December 1st, 2014 by UTHSC Library
|Mon-Thu:||8am - 12am|
|Fri:||8am - 11pm|
|Sat:||8am - 5pm|
|Sun:||2pm - 12am|
How to Contact Us
UTHSC Library chat is offline. We normally monitor chat Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm, but sometimes during shift changes we may not be online.
Send us an email or call.