- Catalog The online catalog contains books, journals and other materials purchased for use at the university. catalog.gif
- Databases A complete list of full-text and abstract-only databases available to faculty, staff, and students. databases.gif
- Discovery Search Search most library resources, including library catalog, MEDLINE, publisher and open access content with one search. eds.gif
- E-Books A guide to available e-books. ebooks.gif
- E-Journal List A list of e-journals, print journals, and e-books available to faculty, staff, and students. ejournals_ebsco_atoz.gif
- Journal Search Search the online catalog for electronic and print journals. PUBMED journal abbreviations are also searchable. journal_basic.gif
- Research/Learning Connection This research guide aims to provide information and services to advance the research success of UTHSC faculty, staff, and students.
- Access Medicine Over 80 e-book titles are available, including Harrison's Online and Hurst's The Heart. accessmedicine_2014.gif
- CINAHL Nursing and allied health literature database. cinahl_orange.gif
- ClinicalKey ClinicalKey includes the MDConsult database but also adds hundreds of additional eBooks, eJournals, guidelines, videos, images, First Consult, Procedure Consult, and more into one platform. clinicalkey.gif
- EBM & Cochrane Search across multiple evidence-based medicine databases: ACP Journal Club, Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials, Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, and Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects. ebmreviews_blue.gif
- EMBASE The most comprehensive biomedical database on drug research, pharmacy, pharmacology, pharmacoeconomics, and toxicology. embase_blue.gif
- JAMA The most widely circulated medical journal in the world. jama.gif
- JCR Journal Citation Reports is a comprehensive and unique resource that allows you to evaluate and compare journals (e.g., most frequently cited journals and highest impact journals in a field) using citation data drawn from over 8,000 scholarly and technical journals. jcr.gif
Joanna Briggs EBP
Wide range of summarized and appraised evidence. Includes over 3,000 records across 7 publication types: Evidence Based Recommended Practices, Evidence Summaries, Best Practice Information Sheets, Systematic Reviews, Consumer Information Sheets, Systematic Review Protocols, Technical Reports
Subject area nodes are also available: Aged Care, Burns Care, Cancer Care, Chronic Disease, Diagnostic Imaging, Emergency & Trauma, General Medicine, Health Management & Assessment, Infection Control, Mental Health, Midwifery Care, Rehabilitation, Surgical Services, Wound Healing & Management joannabriggs.gif
- Lexicomp Online Drug information database. lexicomp.gif
- MEDLINE@Ovid Ovid's version of MEDLINE (PubMed) provides a guided "map to subject heading" option for searchers wanting a great deal of control over search terms. medlineatovid_blue.gif
- Micromedex Database containing drug information, complementary & alternative medicine, evidence-based disease information, toxicology information, patient education materials, and integrated decision support micromedex2.gif
- NEJM Clinically relevant medical information, including all the content from the New England Journal of Medicine. nejm_new.gif
- PsycINFO The world's most comprehensive source for bibliographic coverage of psychology and behavioral sciences literature. psychinfo_blue.gif
- PubMed PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine, includes over 23 million citations for biomedical articles back to 1946. pubmed.gif
- Scopus An abstract and citation database. scopus_new.gif
- Stat!Ref Nursing Full text reference titles related to the area of nursing. statref_nursing.gif
- UpToDate An evidence-based resource for clinicians and patients with the most current information on more than 15 specialties. uptodate.gif
- Visible Body Human anatomy atlas with special 3-D dives into Heart & Circulatory System, Muscles and Skeleton. visible-body.gif
- Web of Science Find Times Cited with Web of Science citation database ; Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, as well as international proceedings. webofscience_2014.gif
The Health Sciences Library is redesigning a user-centered library website. In order to build a website focusing on your needs, we need your input about the current website and suggestions about the future one.
Please take the survey and also consider participating in testing the new website when it is available for preview, probably in the summer or fall. We hope to launch our new website as soon as it is tested by users and approved by the University.
Posted on May 8th, 2015 by UTHSC Library
The UTHSC library in Memphis is open 24/7 until May 29, 2015. The library’s service hours will remain the same, but a security guard will be on duty during the off hours.
Note there will be no library services, Memorial Day weekend beginning at 5pm, Friday May 22.
Library services will resume Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 8am.
Contact us if you have any questions.
Posted on May 1st, 2015 by UTHSC Library
Library Service Hours
|Mon-Thu:||8am - 12am|
|Fri:||8am - 11pm|
|Sat:||8am - 5pm|
|Sun:||2pm - 12am|
|May 1 to 29, 2015:|
|24/7 with UTHSC ID Badge|
How to Contact Us
UTHSC Library chat is offline. We normally monitor chat Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm, but sometimes during shift changes we may not be online.
Send us an email or call.