- Catalog The online catalog contains books, journals and other materials purchased for use at the university. catalog.gif
- Databases A complete list of full-text and abstract-only databases available to faculty, staff, and students. databases.gif
- Discovery Search Search most library resources, including library catalog, MEDLINE, publisher and open access content with one search. eds.gif
- E-Books A guide to available e-books. ebooks.gif
- E-Journal List A list of e-journals, print journals, and e-books available to faculty, staff, and students. ejournals_ebsco_atoz.gif
- Journal Search Search the online catalog for electronic and print journals. PUBMED journal abbreviations are also searchable. journal_basic.gif
- Research Guides Find specialty resources with help from your UTHSC Librarians. libguides.gif
- Access Medicine Over 80 e-book titles are available, including Harrison's Online and Hurst's The Heart. accessmedicine_2014.gif
- CINAHL Nursing and allied health literature database. cinahl_orange.gif
- ClinicalKey ClinicalKey includes the MDConsult database but also adds hundreds of additional eBooks, eJournals, guidelines, videos, images, First Consult, Procedure Consult, and more into one platform. clinicalkey.gif
- EBM & Cochrane Search across multiple evidence-based medicine databases: ACP Journal Club, Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials, Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, and Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects. ebmreviews_blue.gif
- EMBASE The most comprehensive biomedical database on drug research, pharmacy, pharmacology, pharmacoeconomics, and toxicology. embase_blue.gif
- JAMA The most widely circulated medical journal in the world. jama.gif
- JCR Journal Citation Reports is a comprehensive and unique resource that allows you to evaluate and compare journals (e.g., most frequently cited journals and highest impact journals in a field) using citation data drawn from over 8,000 scholarly and technical journals. jcr.gif
Joanna Briggs EBP
Wide range of summarized and appraised evidence. Includes over 3,000 records across 7 publication types: Evidence Based Recommended Practices, Evidence Summaries, Best Practice Information Sheets, Systematic Reviews, Consumer Information Sheets, Systematic Review Protocols, Technical Reports
Subject area nodes are also available: Aged Care, Burns Care, Cancer Care, Chronic Disease, Diagnostic Imaging, Emergency & Trauma, General Medicine, Health Management & Assessment, Infection Control, Mental Health, Midwifery Care, Rehabilitation, Surgical Services, Wound Healing & Management joannabriggs.gif
- Lexicomp Online Drug information database. lexicomp.gif
- MEDLINE@Ovid Ovid's version of MEDLINE (PubMed) provides a guided "map to subject heading" option for searchers wanting a great deal of control over search terms. medlineatovid_blue.gif
- Micromedex Database containing drug information, complementary & alternative medicine, evidence-based disease information, toxicology information, patient education materials, and integrated decision support micromedex2.gif
- NEJM Clinically relevant medical information, including all the content from the New England Journal of Medicine. nejm_new.gif
- PsycINFO The world's most comprehensive source for bibliographic coverage of psychology and behavioral sciences literature. psychinfo_blue.gif
- PubMed PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine, includes over 23 million citations for biomedical articles back to 1946. pubmed.gif
- Scopus An abstract and citation database. scopus_new.gif
- Stat!Ref Nursing Full text reference titles related to the area of nursing. statref_nursing.gif
- UpToDate An evidence-based resource for clinicians and patients with the most current information on more than 15 specialties. uptodate.gif
- Visible Body Human anatomy atlas with special 3-D dives into Heart & Circulatory System, Muscles and Skeleton. visible-body.gif
- Web of Science Find Times Cited with Web of Science citation database ; Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, as well as international proceedings. webofscience_2014.gif
Is there something you with the library had or could do for you? Is there something we have, that you would like to see more of? Or, would you like better assistance with your research, teaching, or clinical needs?
Here’s your chance!
From November to December 19, 2014, we will be accepting three wishes. You may tell us anonymously, but if you are willing to talk more with us, you can include your name and email address.
Posted on November 19th, 2014 by UTHSC Library
WoS is a citation database that allows cited reference searching, which allows you to find citation variants that are a result of citation errors (article title, page #, year, volume, issue).
UTHSC’s subscription includes the WoS Core Collection:
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SCI-EXPANDED) –1989-present
- Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI) –1989-present
WoS records are also available in our new Discovery Search interface. Look for records that say “View this record from ISI Web of Science” and/or limit under Content Provider to: Science Citation Index and/or Social Sciences Citation Index.
Click here for all WoS training videos.
Posted on May 1st, 2014 by UTHSC Library
Make a wish!
6th Floor Hours
|Closed for Thanksgiving Weekend Thur-Sun 11/27-11/30|
|Mon-Fri: 8am - 10pm|
|Sat: 8am - 5pm|
|Sun: 2pm - 10pm|
How to Contact Us
Chat is currently off-line.
We are normally available
Send us an email or call.