The Health Sciences Historical Collections acquires, catalogs, preserves, and makes available for research materials that are of historical significance to the health sciences and their practitioners, especially in Tennessee. Collections include books, manuscripts, publications, artifacts, photographs, and biographical information.
Hours: Hours for the Health Sciences Historical Collections are by appointment only. To make an appointment, contact the Special Collections Librarian.
The Health Sciences Historical Collections
Attn.: Special Collections Librarian
Health Sciences Library and Biocommunications Center
The University of Tennessee in Memphis
877 Madison Avenue
Memphis, TN 38163
Location: The Health Sciences Historical Collections is located on the 5th floor of the Lamar Alexander Building at the above address.
Past Displays and Receptions
- Charles E. Kossmann Collection
- James N. Etteldorf Collection
- Margaret A. Newman Collections
- College of Medicine Collection
- E. Dianne Greenhill Nursing Collection
- Marcia Katz Dentistry Collection
- Apothecaries Collection
- John Dulaney Collection
- Rare Book Collection
- Simon Rulin Bruesch Collection
- Tennessee Physicians
- William L. Wallace Collection
- John William Runyan Collections
- Lemuel Whitley Diggs Collection